By providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of that information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
1. IHC (we/us/our) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This Statement sets out the way in which we collect, use, manage and protect your personal information in relation to IHC’s Media website and related online applications.
2. We will comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and any other legislation in relation to how we manage personal information.
3. This Privacy Statement is subject to change. Any changes will be effective when posted on this website (Website).
What information do we collect and hold?
4. We may collect and hold personal information provided by you (either directly or via a secure third party platform, including via password access) when you visit the Website in relation to IHC Media activities.
5. We use that personal information for the purpose of conducting our business, advocacy and fundraising programmes.
6. You may choose not to provide certain personal information to us, however as a result you may not be able to participate in, or we may not be able to consider your information provided in relation to, a particular online media activity.
How do we use and disclose information?
7. We may use the personal information that you submit to us via this Website in connection with the above-stated purposes, and for engagement during future campaigns, and direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of future contact about other campaigns, and/or receiving future marketing materials, by contacting us at the address below.
8. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted (for example, in relation to IHC Media activities);
- to validate the information you provide to us in the course of any related activities;
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information;
- where you opt in for this information to be collected in connection with a joint promoter;
- to protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public.
9. We may also disclose your information to any of our related entities (being IHC subsidiaries including IDEA Services Limited, Choices New Zealand Limited, and Accessible Properties New Zealand Limited) for the purpose of ensuring appropriate support is being provided.
Access and correction
10. You can access and request correction of any personal information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting IHC (see below for details). Please note that your right to access your personal information will be subject to the relevant exceptions in the Privacy Act.
Information validation and security review
13. We take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our online platforms and related records. However, when providing personal information via our Website, we note that the transmission of information using the Internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our Website and any such transmission is at your own risk.
Opting out from email communications
14. We will only send mail or email to people who we believe are willing to receive it, and only in relation to our services and advocacy programme. If you do not wish to receive future communications from us, please use the 'unsubscribe' link located at the bottom of our email communications or contact us on 0800 442 442.
15. Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any questions or concerns about how we manage your personal information (including requests to access or make corrections to personal information that IHC holds), either by email (privacy@IHC.org.nz), or by phone at 0800 442 442.